2/5/10

Pacific Trails Boys 2-7 Bubble Jacket


This is a very nice, affordable boy's coat. I bought the 5/6 in orange for my 4.5 year-old (average height/weight). It may run a little small (?), so buy a size/age up, like I did (plus you might get 2 winters out of it!). It's warm & seems well-made (definitely NOT slapped-together, NOT cheap-looking). The hood is attached, not removable, the upper part of the lining & hood are lined with a soft fleece material, making it cozy, while the sleeves & lower portion are the slippery nylon material so the kids can get their arms in easily & the bottom doesn't bunch up. Machine washable, velcro "button" holds pocket closed. I'm thinking of getting the size 7 coat for 2 years from now because the price is good ($34.99 plus super saver shipping). A definite "buy" item.
** (2 months later) Okay, I'm glad I waited a bit to buy the size 7/8, because it was only $20 (w/super-saver shipping!!!). I noticed the review for the size 8-20 jacket & the buyer was concerned about the warmth. We brave Chicago winters here & it seems to be doing its job keeping my boy warm without all the bulk. The filling (fluffy stuff) seems to be well dispersed within the coat shell, and having that trap air is what keeps the kids well insulated. The warmth factor doesn't trouble me.
 
This heavy weight puffer jacket is winter fleece lined for extra warmth and has an additional inside pocket. Comes in bright, youth inspired colors.

Pacific Trails Boys 2-7 Bubble Jacket

No comments: